Engineering Professional Development impact
- In 2011, students who participated in EPD continuing-education courses came from 50 U.S. states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico, and 82 countries around the world.
- 7–Distance-delivered master’s degrees
- 11–Certificate series
- 25–Technical and professional subject areas ranging from the basics to high-level topics
- 75–Faculty and support staff
- 800–Course instructors
- 3,000–Short courses per year
- 11,000–Annual enrollment
- Qualcomm Wireless Innovation Prize: Modernized inventory system wins second-annual competition.
- Global Stewards Sustainability Prize: Sustainable, recyclable electric motors win one of three $15K prizes.
- Innovation Days: Inexpensive prosthetic hand wins $10K prize.
- Probe seeking life on Saturn’s moon earns team a spot at international space conference.
- Through NASA program, engineering mechanics and astronautics team tests spacesuit dust-removal system.
- Biomedical engineering undergraduate team takes second place in the Collegiate Inventors Competition.
- 138—Students who studied abroad, for academic credit, in fall 2011 and spring and summer 2012
- 30—Countries they visited
Internships, co-ops and career opportunities
- 141 students on co-op—fall 2011
- 126 students on co-op—spring 2012
- 245 students on co-op—summer 2012
- 518 students on internships—summer 2012
- In two career fairs, thousands of students talked with recruiters from more than 300 local, state and national corporations.
Hybrid vehicle teams five-year successes
- 2007—Hybrid Chevy Equinox Crossover SUV earns 2nd place in the Challenge X Competition
- 2008—Hybrid Chevy Equinox Crossover SUV earns 2nd place in the Challenge X Coast to Coast Competition
- 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011—Clean Snowmobile Team wins SAE Clean Snowmobile Challenge
- 2012—Clean Snowmobile Team earns 6th place in SAE Clean Snowmobile Challenge
Concrete Canoe Team—National Concrete Canoe Competition five-year successes
- 2007–Descendant wins national title
- 2008–Buckingham earns 6th place
- 2010–Centennial earns 5th place
- 2011–Element earns 2nd place
- 2012–Aurora earns 8th place
Steel Bridge Team—National Steel Bridge Competition five-year successes
- 2007–3rd place
- 2008–6th place
- 2009–12th place
- 2010–13th place
- 2012–6th place